Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Life happens... Plans change!

As we went to bed, prayed through anxieties and accepted and anticipated day one of oral immunotherapy, God had other plans.  Our doctor had a family emergency and messaged me in the night to let me know he needed to cancel our appointment.  

Dr. Mayer was so apologetic, knowing how long it has taken for us to get to this day.  I am a firm believer that family comes first and when family needs us, we do what we must do!

As surprised as I was to receive the message in the middle of the night as I stayed up watching the storm that loomed around us, there was a certain sense of peace that life happens and we are not in control. The God that created the universe had a different plan for our day.  

As quickly as I was caught by surprise, my prayers now turned to the family member of our doctor that was now in need. 

Day one of Oral immunotherapy may be delayed, but it is imminent. Dr. Mayer will be fitting us into his summer schedule and the timing will be exactly as it should be.  

Until then, we will enjoy the summer, get away for vacation and know that God's timing is always perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment